Get lots of personal attention and enjoy a rich learning experience to help you walk, run, and walk-run, without injury… for the rest of your life!
What to Expect
This workshop provides a unique integration of the Chi Walking and Chi Running techniques in a single half day. Hazel will guide you through several exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what Chi Walking, Chi Running and Chi Walk-Run feel like in your body.
There will be some walking, running and walk-running, but only enough to learn the basics and foundations of these approaches – a relaxed, full and inspiring day!
The Chi Walk-Run workshop is perfect for walkers who want to introduce running into their fitness program, beginner runners, or those returning to running from an injury or hiatus.
Lessons We’ll Cover
- Keys to Effortless, Injury-Free Walking and Running
- Basics of the Holistic, Integrated ChiWalk-Run Approac
- ]Core Muscle and Technique Drills and Exercises
- ]Upper and Lower Body Usage in Walking and Running (e.g. Running Without Using Your Legs and the Role of Gravity
- Introduction to The ChiWalking and ChiRunning Form
- Energy Conservation in Movement
- Body Scanning, Awareness and Choice When Walking or Running
- ]Tips for Transitions Between Walking and Running (When to do Which and How to Make the Shift Most Efficiently)
Great! New classes are forming regularly. Check our Schedule page, or contact Hazel to schedule your own group or private workshop. Send along any questions you have, too!
“Hi, Hazel. I’ve been out of town on vacation, so it’s a bit tardy, but I wanted to be sure I thanked you for providing a great training experience. I ran and walked, for a total time of about 47 minutes, or 14 minutes per mile. I was very satisfied with my results and plan to continue using the techniques.”
– Lissa M, Novato, CA