Get lots of personal attention and enjoy a rich learning experience to help you walk, run, and walk-run, without injury… for the rest of your life!
What to Expect
This workshop provides a unique integration of the Chi Walking and Chi Running techniques in a single half day. Hazel will guide you through several exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what Chi Walking, Chi Running and Chi Walk-Run feel like in your body.
There will be some walking, running and walk-running, but only enough to learn the basics and foundations of these approaches – a relaxed, full and inspiring day!
The Chi Walk-Run workshop is perfect for walkers who want to introduce running into their fitness program, beginner runners, or those returning to running from an injury or hiatus.
Lessons We’ll Cover
- Keys to Effortless, Injury-Free Walking and Running
- Basics of the Holistic, Integrated ChiWalk-Run Approach
- Core Muscle and Technique Drills and Exercises
- Upper and Lower Body Usage in Walking and Running (e.g. Running Without Using Your Legs and the Role of Gravity)
- Introduction to The ChiWalking and ChiRunning Form
- Energy Conservation in Movement
- Body Scanning, Awareness and Choice When Walking or Running
- Tips for Transitions Between Walking and Running (When to do Which and How to Make the Shift Most Efficiently)
“Hi, Hazel. I’ve been out of town on vacation, so it’s a bit tardy, but I wanted to be sure I thanked you for providing a great training experience. I ran and walked, for a total time of about 47 minutes, or 14 minutes per mile. I was very satisfied with my results and plan to continue using the techniques.”
– Lissa M, Novato, CA